Thursday, June 11, 2009

Farushka's first few days


After her initial disappointment & pout at having (heaven forbid) NO COFFEE IN THE HOUSE, Farushka settled in and decided tea would do for this week. Monday she accompanied me on a trip to Springfield, Illinois to visit with my good friend Nancy Long and go shopping for hydrangeas since they've gone on half price sale. We stopped at TGIF where you can see us sharing a grilled chicken sandwich and sweet potato fries. She learned that (like me) she's a HUGE fan of TGIF Jack Daniels sauce and even thought the napkin was tasty when lightly dipped in the scrumptious sauce. After lunch we picked out three lovely plants and loaded them into the back of the car. She was a good sport and helped me get them planted the next day. Clearly she has some expertise in this area and I was happy to take her advice.

2 comments:

  1. I love her! Looks like she made it without the coffee. When I stopped coffee, I got a headache. What a great friend to help you plant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Looks like she's right at home!

    ReplyDelete